Lincoln 1860

Lincoln 1860

Monday, June 15, 2009

Liam Neeson At Work On Lincoln Film

Liam Neeson has at long last begun work on Stephen Spielberg's upcoming movie about Abraham Lincoln. Post-production efforts on another Spielberg film have finished, permitting work on the Lincoln film to resume. No date has been set for the release of the Lincoln film. Unfortunately, it will not be this year during the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth.

Neeson has the physical appearance to portray Lincoln. Like Lincoln, Neeson is 6'4" in height and has a slender build. In order to prepare for the role, Neeson prepared by reading 22 Lincoln books and even viewed various Lincoln documents while in Washington, D.C. It's obvious that Neeson is taking his role seriously, which is very encouraging.

Playing the role of Mary Todd Lincoln will be Sally Field, who vaguely resembles Mrs. Lincoln, at least in Mary's youth.

Both Field and Neeson are extraordinary actors and of course Spielberg is in a class of his own. Let's hope that the quality of the film, whenever it's released, reflects the brilliance of the people who will craft it.

6 comments:

Toby said...

As an Irishman, I am proud to see my countryman portray my greatest hero.

The awful tragedy that befell Liam's family last year may help him to understand the soul of someone who was "a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief."

Geoff Elliott said...

Toby,

I agree. Liam is a brilliant actor to begin with. Now I think he'll bring even greater empathy to the role.

I hope the movie comes to fruition at last. Abe deserves a *good* biopic.

Paul said...

Are you sure that work has actually begun on this film? I'll be really pleased if this is the case as I have been looking forward to the movie for quite some time...Without sounding rude, may I ask your source?

lincolnthemovie.co.uk

Clarence Yu said...

I've been waiting for this film to start...hopefully a lot of today's youth will learn a whole lot more about Lincoln from this film.

Unknown said...

I am a huge Lincoln fan, even though I am a Canadian. I hope that ever historical i is dotted and t is crossed. To many Bio films tend to take artistic license to the extreme, often portraying scene that never actually took place. I hope they have taken the time to make sure they get all the historical facts right in this movie. Mr Lincoln's memory deserves no less. I can't wait to see it. Liam Neeson and Sally Fields are perfect for the roles

Unknown said...

I am a huge Lincoln fan, even though I am a Canadian. I hope that ever historical i is dotted and t is crossed. To many Bio films tend to take artistic license to the extreme, often portraying scene that never actually took place. I hope they have taken the time to make sure they get all the historical facts right in this movie. Mr Lincoln's memory deserves no less. I can't wait to see it. Liam Neeson and Sally Fields are perfect for the roles

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory