Lincoln 1860

Lincoln 1860

Monday, March 16, 2009

Abraham Lincoln On The Smithsonian Channel

I posted last month about my visit to various museums of the Smithsonian Institute in order to view special exhibitions about Abraham Lincoln. As a result of these posts, I heard recently from the kind folks at The Smithsonian Channel (TM) informing me about special programs it's been running recently about Mr. Lincoln.

  • Here is a link to a fun little quiz about Lincoln plus a film clip from a special it ran about him

  • Here's a first-person blog entry about the portrait of Abe and President Obama done entirely in cupcakes. I also posted about that here.

  • This entry is another first-person account of the re-opening of Ford's Theater

I admit to not previously having heard of The Smithsonian Channel. (It's not surprising since my cable provider, Time Warner, does not carry the channel. It does, however, carry at least 5 or 6 home shopping channels and other lame channels like Game Show Network. Thanks, Time Warner, for the GREAT customer service.) This channel from Smithsonian is in High Definition and is gradually becoming more available since its inception in 2007.

The Smithsonian Channel blog, which contains all sorts of interesting information about widely varied topics, may be found here.

No comments:

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory