Lincoln 1860

Lincoln 1860

Monday, February 23, 2009

Great Lincoln Posts At Oxford University Press Blog

I was contacted a few days ago by a blog intern at the Oxford University Press (OUP) informing me of some very interesting articles about Abraham Lincoln posted to the OUPblog. Ms. Megan Branch, a "blog intern" at OUP, asked me to inform my readers about these articles, written by famous authors and Lincoln scholars. I'm happy to oblige her.

The renowned author James McPherson has an article here, which is an excerpt from his book Abraham Lincoln.

The scholar and author Allen Guelzo has a series of FAQ's about Lincoln on the blog in three parts. You may find part one here; part two here; and the final post here.

Here is a highly interesting post about how Lincoln almost failed from Jennifer Weber, author of COPPERHEADS: The Rise And Fall Of Lincoln's Opponents In The North.

Finally, the OUPblog contains this post by 2009 Lincoln Prize co-winner Craig L. Symonds, a comparison between Lincoln and Obama.

Check out these posts for excellent insight into Lincoln. Thanks to Ms. Branch for bringing them to my and my readers' attention.

No comments:

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory