Monday, April 23, 2012

Resuming The Abraham Lincoln Blog

Dear Readers,

My apologies for the delay of more than four months in posting new articles here on The Abraham Lincoln Blog. Since early December 2011, I've taken a business trip, took a quick vacation to Wyoming and Montana, dealt with the death of a very close friend, and wore a cast thanks to a broken wrist. As if those things weren't enough, I've been single-handedly been taking care of my mom, who has been quite ill for the past two months. I've simply not found the time and especially not the energy to write any new posts.

Hopefully life will settle down now and I'll be able to better focus on this blog, which I love writing. It still seems to be popular with my readers: just this past weekend, it attained the 400,000th page view since I began writing about Mr. Lincoln in October 2007. I never dreamed it would receive the attention it does from other websites, libraries, U.S. Government agencies, and magazines. It's led to speaking engagements as well as wonderful new friendships. It's far exceeded my original goal of simply helping others to learn more about Abraham Lincoln.

Thank you for your patience and support. And stay tuned for NEW posts about Mr. Lincoln, coming soon!

5 comments:

Dave Wiegers said...

Welcome back. You were missed.

Dave Wiegers said...

Welocme back. You were missed.

bluebattinghelmet said...

Glad that you're back. This post contains a Lincoln drawing you may not have seen before, and there's also a link in the post somewhere to other Lincoln-related things I've written. I hope you enjoy them.

http://bluebattinghelmet.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/titanics-final-victim/

Myra said...

It's great to see you back! Though you know Lincoln well, we would love for you to check out our video lecture series on him and pass on this info as well! http://www.ushistoryscene.com/history-lectures/civil-war/the-great-emancipator-lectures-on-abraham-lincoln-slavery-and-the-civil-war/

Mary Costa said...

I am so glad to have found this blog. I have always been so interested in Lincoln. Even as a child. I hope all goes well with you so you can continue with this blog.

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory