Lincoln 1860

Lincoln 1860

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Buy A Calendar If You Can't Visit Abe


I've posted quite a few stories about how various Lincoln historic sites in Illinois are partially closed thanks to budget cuts. But the sites will be fully open in the spring thanks to money coming from the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission of Illinois.

In the meantime, you can at least buy a calendar all about Abe from the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency. The calendar consists of reproductions of 12 different portraits of Lincoln. The calendar costs just $7.00 and is available from this website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geoff,

Say, I have a site you might find of interest and would be glad to help if you wanted to write up a post on it. You can probably tell, I'm a big Lincoln fan as well...

www.PennyPortrait.com

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. You can E-mail me at info@pennyportrait.com.

Love the site by the way, good stuff. Sorry for posting in the comments, I just didn't know how to contact you.

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory