Lincoln 1860

Lincoln 1860

Monday, March 17, 2008

Lincoln Casket Replica In Nebraska

One of the things I most like about being an Abraham Lincoln blogger is that I come across some weird items which fascinate me, and at least hopefully hold the interest of my readers. Just today, I stumbled upon this little article from the McCook Daily Gazette (Nebraska) which talks about a replica of Abraham Lincoln's casket being on display at the local mortuary.


The photo shows the casket. It's one of three replica Lincoln caskets made by the Batesville Casket Company. It supposedly is an exact replica, but I have no idea if it truly is. There is also a replica casket on display at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield, Illinois. Thank goodness they don't have a replica Abraham Lincoln body in the casket. That would've been too weird even for me!

No comments:

 
History Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory